Silver Hosting Package
$300 per year
Included with our Silver Hosting plan
- WordPress hosting and 3 hours of site maintenance per year.*
- SSL Certificate – Click here for more information about HTTPS
- Divi. The Ultimate WordPress Theme and Visual Page Builder – more info
- Gravity Forms Plugin – more info
- 24/7 Tech Support – If you need help you shouldn’t have to wait 24 hours or more for a response. That won’t happen here.
Need a Domain?
- Get a custom domain for $20 per year and receive two (2) Free email accounts with our Silver Hosting Package. **
CDN (Content Delivery Network)
What is CDN?
Essentially, the WPX Cloud is our own superfast, hand-built Content Delivery Network (CDN) with 20+ ‘end points’ (and growing!) around the world.
Put simply, using a CDN is like having a mini-server near any of your site visitors to help load and run your website faster and more efficiently for them, even for visitors from the other side of the world.
For example, let’s say that you’re a nature photography blogger based in Montana, and your website is hosted with WPX in our Chicago datacentre.
That site will load well across North America but nature-lovers visiting your blog from Australia, Europe, Asia, and Africa will find that your website is slower to load for them.
This is because your blog’s content (images and text mainly) is being retrieved from one of our Chicago servers and sent all the way across the world to visitors outside the USA.
Instead, our CDN has already copied your popular content to servers around the world to benefit your far-away site visitors.
So whether your visitors are from Berlin, Sydney, Johannesburg, or Tokyo, they’ll see your blog content from a fast local server and not from the other side of the world.
Using our Cloud CDN, the speed increase for site visitors around the world is dramatic.
WPX has an daily automatic backup feature to help ensure that your data is kept safe. These backup points contain your environment’s database and all theme, plugin, uploads, and core files.
You have the ability to:
- Create a Backup Point Manually
- Roll Back to a Previous Backup Point
Threat Detection and Blocking
Brute Force Protection
To prevent your websites from being hacked, new Brute Force rules have been added to our security system so we can better protect your WordPress-Admin login area;
Rule #1: If you try to log in to your website and you enter a wrong password more than 5 times in under 1 minute – the IP will be blocked for 10 minutes. Be careful not to lock yourself out of your own account!
Rule #2: If incorrect FTP credentials are used more than 5 times in under 1 minute – the IP will also be blocked for 10 minutes.
Rule #3: If a certain URL (like a specific inner page on your website) is accessed more than 800 times from one IP address in 2 seconds – that IP will be blocked for 1 hour.
WPX has these security measures running 24/7
- Custom and constantly updated WAF (Web Application Firewall)
- Enterprise-level DDOS protection by Incapsula
- Full daily system-wide malware scans
- Full daily system-wide malware/malicious file removal
- Cleanup of malicious redirects, backdoors and script injections
- Daily updates to server security rules
- Individual site audits in specific cases by WPX Malware Team
Your WordPress site is secured with HTTPS
For the last couple of years, Google has been getting increasingly vocal about the importance of sites having SSL certificates. In practical terms, this means stepping up from http://domain.com to httpS://domain.com.
If you’re unclear on exactly what an SSL certificate is, check this Wikipedia page.
And while an SSL certificate will NOT stop bot attacks or malware embedded within rogue WP plugins, it DOES secure the interception of data between your (visitors’) computer and other websites. This is especially important for online banking or shopping with use of a credit card; if you are running an eCommerce store online, having an SSL is absolutely ESSENTIAL!
* Site maintenance is $65 per hour after the 3 hours.
** Each additional email account is $20 per year.